Life at Hawthorne is really just an endless vacation.
Hawthorne offers over 100 activities in state-of-the-art facilities. Want to learn to work with wood, or perhaps you’ve always wanted to play tennis but never had the time, well here’s your chance. How about golf? We have over thirty golf courses in Lake County alone. Got a boat? We have a marina with mostly covered boat slips available on site at a minimal fee. Fuel for your vessel can be obtained on site.
You’ll never be bored at Hawthorne. Come visit and check us out
“Seeing Is Believing.” Scroll down to see all that Hawthorne has to offer.
Hawthorne Community Amenities
Amenities Included In Your Maintenance Fee
- Hawthorne’s courtesy bus will pick you up and drop you off right at your door for weekly trips to stores, banks and malls
- Our own Real Estate Office is on site
- Fitness room available
- Library on site
- Wifi available in our spacious club house
- Garden plots available for residents to grow vegetables and flowers
- Storage area for boats, recreational vehicles and trailers
- Outdoor geo-thermally heated swimming pool and two enclosed therapeutic pools
- Men’s and women’s sauna
- Twenty-four (24) tournament class, lighted shuffleboard courts affiliated with the Florida Shuffleboard Association Northern District
- Four tennis courts (2 lighted) – Come on down, we’ll even give you a lesson
- Three pickleball courts – Don’t know how to play? Lessons are available.
- We also have four bocce courts
- Softball field (men’s and women’s teams)
- Putting area and 18 hole pitch and putt course
- Two dragon boats for recreational as well as competitive use
- Three card rooms in main recreation hall – Like to play Bridge, or how about Mahjong or Arizona Rummy?
- Billiard room with four championship tables
- How about a game of croquet with the grandkids or a group of friends?
Amenities Provided With Costs Not Included In Your Maintenance Fee
- Marina with over 120 boat slips, mostly covered, as well as a boat launch on site ($37.50 per month uncovered and $65 per month covered)
- Fully equipped woodcrafters shop with over 1500 square feet of space ($20 per year dues)
- Laundromat on premises with commercial sized washers and dryers (coin operated)
- Hawthorne boasts a concert series each year with artists from around the country. People travel to see our concerts from many areas around Central Florida (cost $15 per concert or $50 per season)