When it comes to your health and safety, Hawthorne is head and shoulders above other 55+ communities.
Looking to the future and desiring to make our community one of the safest in Central Florida, in 1973 we established the Hawthorne Emergency Services Department. Through the years, the department has grown and modernized along with technological advances in the health care field.
The following state-of-the-art emergency services are included in your monthly maintenance fee:
- Hawthorne has private emergency services dedicated solely to our community.
- Three state-certified firefighter/emergency medical technicians (EMT) are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, including holidays.
- Our facilities include a Class-A 1000-gallon fire truck on site.
- Three emergency response vehicles are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A gate house is staffed at the main entrance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Hawthorne has monitored private entrances with bar code accessed gates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- State-of-the-art emergency alarm buttons in each home are designed to summon EMTs in mere minutes.
- Remote necklace alarms are available for a minimal monthly fee.
- The Hawthorne community is routinely patrolled.
- There are two automatic external cardiac defibrillators onboard emergency response vehicles.