- Allan Pinkham – November 19, 2019
- Beverly Goodell – November 24, 2019
- Miriam Walldroff – December 10, 2019
- Lyle Adams – December 12, 2019
Article l. Name
- The name of this organization shall be the Hawthorne Pickleball Club.
Article ll. Purpose
- To provide a fun, healthy, recreational activity for all Hawthorne residents and guests.
Article lll. Membership
- All residents are eligible for membership, and each member shall have one vote.
- Members will abide by the Bylaws and actively support and participate in club functions.
- Membership will be terminated by voluntary withdrawal, non-payment of dues or assessments, violation of the provisions of these Bylaws, or violation of published rules, guidelines and regulations promulgated by Club Hawthorne and H.R.C.A.
- People who live outside of Hawthorne will be allowed to participate in club activities (court times and special functions) in accordance with Club Hawthorne Bylaws.
Article lV. Meetings
- There will be a minimum of three meetings per year, with dates and times being determined by current needs.
- Special meetings may be called by the Chairperson, or upon request of at least five members. Such meetings shall have at least five days notice given to members regarding time, place and agenda.
- An annual meeting shall be held in the month of February each year for the purpose of electing officers, needs assessment and general planning for the year’s activities.
- A quorum shall consist of at least one officer and ten percent (10%) of the club’s current membership.
Article V. Dues and Assessments
- Annual dues of $5.00 shall be required to be eligible for full participation as a member of this Club.
Article Vl. Officers and Their Duties
- The elected officers of the Club shall be Chairperson, Co Chairperson, Secretary, and Treasurer. Any active member of the Club is eligible for these offices, however it is deemed necessary that at least one of the Chairperson/ Co Chairperson officers be a year round resident.
- The past Chairperson shall continue in an advisory capacity for one year following their term.
- Terms of office shall be one year from April 1 through March 31 each year. Vacancies in any office may be filled temporarily by the Chairperson and ratified by the majority of members in attendance at the next scheduled meeting.
A. Chairperson: Shall assume Club leadership, preside at all meetings, appoint chairs of committees, call special meetings as needed, and generally be a spokesperson for the Club. He/She shall also be responsible for issuing Guidelines and Rules for Club’s activities when there are safety concerns or other requirements not covered in these Bylaws.
B. Co Chairperson: Shall assume the duties of the Chairperson in his/her absence and generally assist the Club in all functions as necessary.
C. Secretary: Shall take minutes of Club meetings and is responsible for determining if a quorum exists.
D. Treasurer: Shall collect dues and assessments, disburse all funds and provide an oral financial report for each regular meeting and a written financial report for each member for the meetings.
Article Vll. Committees
- A Nominating Committee shall be appointed by the Chairperson at least sixty days prior to the annual meeting. The committee shall consist of at least three members and present a nomination for each office to be filled thirty days prior to the annual meeting.
A. Nominations of Officers for Club may also be made from the floor.
- The Club shall have a Steering Committee with a minimum of three members that shall be voted on by all members present at scheduled meeting.
- The Chairperson may appoint committees as needed (tournament, membership, social, rules, etc.).
Article Vlll. Fiscal Year
- The fiscal year of the Club shall start April 1 and shall end March 31.
Article lX. Amendments
- The Bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds majority vote of the members in attendance at a regularly scheduled meeting after an explanation and discussion of the proposed changes.
Article X. Conflict of Documents
- In the case of any conflict between any part of these Bylaws and Club Hawthorne or H.R.C.A., that part of these Bylaws shall be inoperative.
Article Xl. Dissolution
- On dissolution of the Club, all funds remaining in the treasury shall be turned over to Club Hawthorne.
Adoption of Bylaws
We, the undersigned, along with the majority vote of members present at scheduled meeting, consent to, and adopt the foregoing Bylaws of The Hawthorne Pickleball Club on the 3rd day of December, 2019.
Chairperson, Hawthorne Pickleball Club
Secretary, Hawthorne Pickleball Club
Please “friend us” on Facebook to stay up to the minute with our club! Joining the facebook community is highly recommended as it will have the most up to date information!
- Login to your Facebook account or create one!
- Type Pickleball at Hawthorne into search bar (located at top of page).
- Find “Pickleball at Hawthorne” in search results.
- Click “join”.
- An Administrator will accept your request.
We will be a closed group so only members can see information and pictures, after your request to join is approved you will be able to see and comment on postings.
Email and postings at the court will still be utilized.
Meetings: 1st Tuesday every month; 1:00 pm Lemon/Lime room. Please try to attend, it is important for members to voice opinions and suggestions that can enhance our club and to know what is going on.
Monthly Round Robin and Grill: EVERYONE is encouraged to participate or “cheer”! It’s a great way to socialize and meet new and established members! This event is sponsored by the Club. It includes choice of hamburger, hot dog or vegetarian selection that will be grilled by our own grillmasters! Place settings are also included. Please plan on bringing a dish to share, and BYOB if you want to cheer the winners!
Open play: Every skill level is encouraged to play. Please check the monthly Hawthorne activity calendar for current times.
Lessons: Please sign up at the quad. We even have a pickleball machine to practice against, upon request!
Skills clinics: watch your emails and facebook for dates and times!
Watch your emails and facebook for upcoming events!